There is no try

Turns out I'm not quite done, though this might post after midnight.
Song lyrics I'm working on: I was surprised by the light of your eyes that reflected the moon on a November afternoon. I was unprepared for the kindness you spared and the care you took with my heart an open book. I am humbled by your openness, you're respectful of my honesty. We will never know how far this will go or who we will become when the day is done.

I want to write the kind of songs that speak to people. Songs that share a common thread, some kind of universal feeling. Not just "bubble gum pop" as Mom called it. ( though there is a place for that too, not trying to knock anyone) I don't think I'm there yet. I don't know if I agree with Yoda, I find myself trying a lot in a lot of different ways. I write a lot of love songs. They used to be mostly unrequited.
She gives it all away: She's beautiful but she's trapped beneath all her self denial getting no relief from the pressure heaped upon herself got to love her for the both of us.

I find that changing.
New love is in my life. My Dad loves him too, loves the way he treats me. He listens to me, holds me when I cry, knows just how to make me laugh. And isn't that love?
I have always tried to find real love, but I never really believed it was meant for me, that I could trust completely and without fear. And here I am.
But it's not just romantic love that's important. My father loves me beyond all reason and I him. Always. My friends and family and I love each other and support each other and carry each other when the road is just too hard to walk alone.
Life is about love. Life is about compassion. Life is about connection.
Connections to the people around us, the world around us.
And life is about experience. To experience new things you have to step out of yourself, out of what you think you know, with a willingness of spirit and an openness of mind and heart. But what really is the difference between mind and heart, isn't there some overlap?
I had the experience of going to New Zealand recently. The Maori people of Aoteoroa know how to love! Nothing is held back, open arms, open homes and open hearts. So much kindness was shown to me, and love for my mother, and love and support for my father. It is humbling to be around that much grace and to behold that presence of God. I wish to be deserving of the love of these people and to mold my self to live in humility and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a snippet

Chapter Two

Unreachable